Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Day in the Life

One of the things that Barrett and I enjoy most about traveling is getting to see what daily life is like in another country. We like to see museums and monuments and other touristy type things, but the problem with those spots is...well...they're full of tourists. I don't travel to other countries in order to see more Americans. This trip to Italy has been particularly nice in this respect since we're living with family (they are American, but we're not holding it against them) and getting to see what it's like to navigate the basics here in Quinto, a small city outside Vicenza, which is a small city outside Venice.

Barrett likes to give the local children reading lessons in English.


I've decided to give cooking lessons to pre-schoolers, focusing on home made pretzels.


I also had an Italian day of beauty, so...

...do you remember Mexico Megan?


...Miami Megan?


Here's Italy Megan with a fabulous new Italian do. I love it!


The majority of our time is spent eating, mainly my favorite food group. The cheese group!


Max and I picnic in the back of the van on a snowy day in Asiago.


Did I mention that the best thing about Asiago is the local cheese? This picture is for you Olivia!


A quick family pic in the heart of Asiago. This charming little hill top town has an austere church and pretty alpine buildings, which are appropriate considering the Alps are in the background.






We wrapped up the day with a great dinner out.



Tomorrow we're off to the market in Marostica. Maybe there will be more cheese!

Takin' it a day at a time,
Megan

2 comments:

  1. I don't know which I love more: your hair or the cheese!! :)

    yay for both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild hair and delicious cheese! What more could a girl ask for?

    The cheese is already eaten, but the hair rocks on...
    M

    ReplyDelete