Monday, February 22, 2010

Life's a Beach and then You Fly

It's time for the long awaited beach post. If we hadn't made you jealous before now, be prepared because I'm pulling out all the stops on this one.

First, let me tell you what I love about the beach. Most people would think that it would be the water, but actually I have very little interest in getting in the water. My favorite thing about the beach is lounge chairs and umbrellas. I can sit in the sun/under the umbrella and read for hours, which is actually what I did. That's how I finished my first totally spanish book. 504 pages, baby!

But enough with the chit-chat, let's get to the pictures.



We rolled into Sayulita in the state of Nayarit on a Tuesday. Unfortunately, it was a cloudy Tuesday, but we were still able to take a walk on the beach and stroll around the funny little town. Wednesday was a cloudy too. Fine for getting out and around, but not real lay on the beach weather. Thursday beach weather arrived and oh what a view.



Barrett and I quickly acclimated to the weather, and I began to log 3 grueling back to back 8-5 beach days. You can see the strain on our faces.





Maybe it's the beach or maybe it's my new photo editing software, but the year's melted off our faces.

Barrett got a boogie-board the last day and enjoyed the waves. And I finally got my feet wet to get a picture for the kids in Chicago.





But mostly this was the view I had. Just me, the sun, surfboards, and the sound of the ocean.



I was sad to leave Sayulita, but we happily headed to another beach town to wrap up our time in Mexico with friends. We met up with Eric and Karen in Ajijic on the shores of Lake Chapala, the largest lake in Mexico.





Chapala has an absurdly large gringo population of retirees and snowbirds. This would be a problem except for the fact that they'll invite you over to their swanky hillside homes to watch the Superbowl. We rooted for the Saints in style at an awesome house with an awesome view.





The toughest part of leaving Mexico was saying goodbye to Karen and Eric, but we have plans to catch up with them in Peru or somewhere in South America next summer.

Stay tuned for the final Mexico post coming later this week.

Slightly tanner than before,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment