Thursday, January 21, 2010

As promised...

Dear Readers,

I deliver unto thee, as promised, pictures from our previous weekend's excursion to the beautiful "puebla magica" of Tapalpa. Tapalpa is high in the mountains outside or Guadalajara. And, as I'm sure you'll agree with me after viewing the pictures, "puebla magica" is the spanish way of saying "really stinkin' cute little town."

Photo credits go to my suegra (mom-in-law) for her fantastic photographic eye!

Welcome to Tapalpa! As you can see "stinkin' cute" is a fitting description. The best things to do in Tapalpa are wander, relax, eat, and stroll with your man.















Our hotel was beautiful in it's own right. It had a gorgeous courtyard, modern bathrooms, and a man whose job it was to come to your room on request build a fire in the fireplace to keep you warm on a chilly mountain night.



My new fave photo. Thanks mom2.0!



Mary (mom-in-law) and I had a lot fun searching for handmade artisan pieces. I bought a basket from this little woman, and we both bought blankets from Graciela. You know something is handmade when you ask, "how did you make this?" and the answer begins with "well...first you take a sheep."





The town and hotel were even beautiful at night!





We ventured out to see the unusual rock formations outside of town and were equally amazed by the size of the cactus trees.





On our way back we stopped to capture the view of the valley below. It was a splendidly sunny day.



All is well here in Mexico. Barrett and I have eaten enough food from the local market that our stomachs are bullet proof. No longer do we fear the Mexican weight loss program known as Montezuma's revenge. For this weekend, we've lined up a soccer match, museum visits here in Guadalajara (I'm so excited!...giggle, snort...push up glasses...check pocket protector), and a hiking trip to see the world's only round pyramids.

Till then dear friends.

Traveling On,
Megan

4 comments:

  1. these photos are amazing! i love hearing about your adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pics look great, & make me want to go back to explore more of beautiful Mexico. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i notice you're wearing sweatshirts and scarves and such. is it chilly there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had such fun with you! Glad you could put the pictures to such good use. (I love, loVE, LOVE my blanket!!! Thanks for going back - and back again - with me, and being my interpreter.)

    ReplyDelete